Unlike the days when puffy sleeves and pastels were all the rage, it is totally fashionable to have a fabulous wedding party!
I first posted these tips in December 2009 and in my opinion they still hold true in 2012. Here are Six Tips for a happy and beautiful wedding party:
1. Consider having your girls wear different colors or styles of dresses (just in case everyone doesn’t feel she can pull off the color and strapless cut you may have in mind).
2. Coordinate the girls’ look with matching shoes & handbags.
3. Use bold, beaded jewelry to finish the look no matter what your style. Necklaces, bracelets and earrings all work to accomplish a matched style.
4. Perfectly match pashminas to your palette or add another pop of color to pull the look together. By the way, any of the aforementioned items would be thoughtful gift ideas from you to your maids!
5. Picture your groomsmen in matching suits (instead of tuxedos–particularly for mid-day ceremonies) with coordinating shirts & ties in your chosen palette.
6. Bridesmaids & groomsmen prefer to be seated with their dates instead of being separated by head table status. Everyone will love you for this one!